Matchbox Consulting Group is seeking an Estimator for one of our clients, a big player in the construction and real estate industry in the lower mainland who works primarily on residential projects. The Estimator’s primary responsibility is to accurately estimate the cost of construction projects. You will work closely with the Director of Construction on various projects, along with project managers and clients to create detailed project estimates that account for all necessary materials, labor, and other costs.
- Review project plans, specifications, and other documentation to understand the scope of work and project requirements.
- Conduct site visits when necessary to gather information and assess project conditions.
- Develop detailed cost estimates for labor, materials, equipment, and other project expenses.
- Analyze and evaluate bids from subcontractors and vendors to ensure the best possible pricing.
- Collaborate with project managers to establish project budgets and timelines.
- Provide regular updates on project costs and budgets to project managers and clients.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and bids for new residential projects.
- Maintain accurate records of project estimates, budgets, and costs.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends, construction techniques, and pricing for materials and labor.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, codes, and safety standards.
- A bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or a related field is preferred.
- 5 years of estimating experience minimum
- Estimating experience with residential projects is a must
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in using software programs for estimating, such as Excel or specialized construction estimating software.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering plans.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with local building codes and regulations.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...