MatchBox Consulting is looking for an Estimator eager to join one of BC’s leading contractors. Our client has been in the industry since the late 90’s and is known for their high quality service, expertise, and commitment to delivering projects on time to top general contractors.
The ideal Estimator will have a background in painting, drywall, and/or architecture, show a willingness to learn, possess strong communication skills, and be deadline-driven. If this sounds like you, and you are looking to gain valuable experience and build your career with a reputable company, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Work with the Senior Estimator and fellow colleagues to assemble pricing proposals
- Collect pricing from salesmen and build budgets according to the needs of clients
- Estimate trade scopes on large projects for major General Contractors throughout British Columbia
- Participate in the estimating process for custom homes and residential renovations
- Perform project management duties as required
- Continuously work to understand all product and trade specific aspects related to below grade waterproofing, spray foam/fireproofing/insulation, bat insulation, and firestopping
- 2+ years of construction estimating experience in a painting, drywall, or architecture is preferred
- Related degree from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Strong understanding of architectural drawings and the tendering process is an asset
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
For more current job opportunities, Follow MatchBox at linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment/
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team's extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com