Matchbox Consulting is looking for a Finance Manager with our client located in Williams Lake, BC. Our Client is a leading North American copper producer across a range of key dimensions: operational efficiency; low energy and GHG intensity, environmentally sound, socially responsible development; healthy and safe workplaces and communities.
- Direct accounting, payroll and information system activities, ensuring department goals and objectives are aligned with and support all areas of the business unit. Support business improvement projects across the mine site by providing value add financial analytics and modelling. Manage the annual budget cycle and rolling forecast updates.
- Manage an effective system of financial and reporting controls, ensuring alignment with corporate policy directives. Optimize and enhance use of existing analytics solutions. Manage the mine site’s audit processes.
- Liaise with Supply Chain Superintendent ensuring commercial, financial & procurement processes are aligned with internal controls, delegation of authority and purchasing policies.
- Complete training of the ERP as a Local Crisis Team member within the first two months of assuming this role.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA).
- 10 years’ experience in mining or industrial setting in a unionized environment.
- Solid experience working with ERP systems.
- Advanced user of financial data and reporting systems such as Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with PowerBI is an asset.
- Demonstrated progressive leadership experience. Solid organizational and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to liaise with other disciplines is required
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com