MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer for our client – an innovative, reputable geotechnical engineering consultancy based in Vancouver. Over the past 15+ years, our client has completed over thousands of projects across BC, Alberta, and the Yukon ranging from the foundation design of a small laneway house to the excavation, shoring and foundation of large institutional, commercial, and infrastructure projects.
This is a fully remote opportunity to work with a smaller firm where you can truly hone your skills, learn and receive mentorship from experienced industry professionals, and have an open runway to grow your career in the direction of your choice. Ideal candidates will be based in the Vancouver area as, come 2023, our client is looking to open an office but will maintain an extremely flexible work model.
Candidates must also have 3+ years of experience, excellent communication skills, their P.Eng., and a valid Drivers’ License and reliable vehicle as fieldwork is involved.
If you’ve been looking for an opportunity to receive better mentorship, work with an organization who offers above average industry pay and fantastic benefits, and be surrounded by a tight knit group of smart, family-oriented individuals then this is the role for you!
- Conduct site visits
- Write geotechnical reports and analyze data
- Coordinate and perform field investigations
- Earthwork and foundation construction supervision and reporting
- Work closely with professional engineers (P.Eng.) and senior staff, while often interacting with clients and construction professionals.
- 3+ years of geotechnical engineering experience, ideally in BC
- Registered P.Eng. with EGBC
- Possess a valid Class 5 Drivers’ License and reliable vehicle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, a Master’s degree is an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with CAD, LPile, and Slope Stability software is considered an asset
- Possess a strong desire to learn and work with a team
- Experience in the basic components of the delivery of a fundamental geotechnical investigation
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment