MatchBox Consulting is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our client who is an established company that specializes in integrated development, design and construction firms in Western Canada, providing solutions to clients in the Industrial, Institutional, Building Renewal, Commercial, Retail and Residential sectors.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Exciting and rare opportunity to join our sustainability and decarbonization journey in an integrated environment. You will be a key member within our Renewals Team, making the shift towards a more sustainable inclusive and resilient society. Redefine the cost-effective delivery of high-performance buildings.
• Conduct the conceptual and detailed design of building mechanical systems
• Support a project delivery team and carry out project contract administration and field reviews for projects under construction
• Maintain excellent client service through project delivery; ensuring strong communication with clients and acting on client feedback
• Work on a wide range of project assignments within the mechanical buildings field, including HVAC, plumbing and fire protection
• Preparing load calculations utilizing industry standard heating/cooling load analysis software
• Develop and strengthen personnel skills and deliver engineering projects in accordance with client requirements and in line with company and industry best practice
• Perform other duties as required
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate about the environment, an excellent communicator and technically savvy.
- You embody our culture of solution finding and pioneering new ideas through your behaviour and interactions with others.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and hold all your work to a high personal standard.
- You are proactive and take initiative; you see something that needs doing and you get it done right.
- You enjoy working in a cross functional collaborative environment alongside your colleagues and bring a friendly, can-do attitude to your workplace.
- You can juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail.
• Minimum 4 years of professional experience in Mechanical Engineering
• Registered or eligible for registration in EGBC
• Experience with institutional, industrial, commercial, and residential projects from inception to completion
• Experience delivering detailed designs of HVAC/plumbing system
• Possess excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
• An extensive understanding of building construction and building mechanical systems
• Detailed working knowledge of the BC Building Code and the National Building Code of Canada
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of the BC Plumbing Code
• Working knowledge of Revit is an asset
• Experience with Building Energy modeling (IES VE, RETScreen, etc.) is an asset.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...