MatchBox Consulting Group is currently on the hunt for a Mechanical Superintendent in Vancouver for one of our clients, a leaders in the plumbing and mechanical industry.
This individual will be reporting to the owners of the company, the Superintendent is responsible for ensuring the success of their assigned project(s), including the planning, management, and execution of a project.
- Establishes and communicates project expectations and goals to other team members.
- Develops and implements a site-specific document control system.
- Develop with the site Foreman a logical Format for Procore that is familiar and comprehensive by the onsite staff.
- In partnership with the Mechanical Project Manager, develops, implements and enforce a site-specific health and safety plan.
- In partnership with the Mechanical Project Manager, develops and implements a site specific QAQC, Progress Management and Commissioning Plan.
- Acts as the main liaison with the project stakeholders, building a strong, trusting relationship with the client and key stakeholders. Provides guidance to stakeholders as needed.
- Produces an overall project schedule, highlighting critical path activities. Enforces schedule deadlines throughout the project.
- Reviews and approves shop drawings and RFI’s.
- Procures sub-trades, vendors, materials and equipment in accordance with the project documents.
- Manages and tracks all financial aspects of the project and regularly reports back to the Ownership Group on financial performance.
- Manages and oversees sub-trades to ensure their scope of work is in line with the project documents, schedule and QAQC program.
- Manages the development and preparation of operational & maintenance manuals, and owner training requirements.
- Coordinate with the Mechanical Superintendent.
- Monitors job costing and prepares reports for review by the Ownership Group.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with modern technologies
- 8-10 years in the mechanical construction industry.
- Formal education in project management would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in Bluebeam.
- Familiarity with AutoDesk and Trimble products.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...