On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking a Project Coordinator to join one of the largest corporations in Canada. The client has ownership of over 15 million square feet of commercial property in Canada and the United States.
Reporting to the Vice President of Construction and Project Management, the Project Coordinator is an integral member of the team responsible for assisting in delivering building construction projects of varying size and complexity. Whether it’s planning and executing a corporate office relocation, troubleshooting a maintenance issue at a shopping center, or building a new facility for one of the many divisions, this role offers diversity like no other.
As Project Coordinator you will support the team by:
- Tracking projects and preparing high-quality reports while adhering to industry standards and procedures.
- Liaise with team members, property managers, consultants, and contractors through the tenant coordination and improvements process from start to finish.
- Collaborate and work effectively with municipalities to help manage the approval process, project tendering, obtaining permits and approvals for different project sites, and follow-up on outstanding deliverables to ensure projects are managed within established timelines.
- A relevant undergraduate degree or certification
- Possesses at least two years of project coordination experience within a development or construction company environment.
- Practical experience and an understanding of current construction market pricing are key so that you can effectively review costing and invoices for accuracy and completeness.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be highly organized, action-oriented and will take initiative to do what needs to be done with minimal outside direction;
- Possess a genuine willingness to be held accountable for results;
- Seek out and engage in self improvement;
- Be capable of developing a rapport with a diverse group of people and be flexible to adapt to their environment;
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to present results that articulate key themes and messages;
- Able to exercise strict confidentiality.
You can expect to work with a collaborative team of experienced and passionate real estate professionals. The diversity of work and the opportunity to learn and advance make this a truly unique role. A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com