Matchbox Consulting is recruiting for a Project Manager on behalf of one of our employee owned, civil general contractors who are well respected for their customer satisfaction and endorsements, while creating and maintaining an exceptional employee culture which fosters a great work-life balance and unlimited growth potential.
The Project Manager will ensure the successful completion of the project in the most economical and expedient manner, recognizing and capturing potential opportunities, reducing potential liability, and achieving intended costs, while assisting the Site Supervisor in planning and directing the construction activities.
- Develop, with the involvement of the Preconstruction department, the project budget and work breakdown structure enabling the identification of responsibility and costs through a cost code system;
- Develop, with the Site Supervisor, the project schedule to allow for progress measurement and identifying priorities that will affect the schedule;
- Establish with the involvement of the preconstruction department, the terms and scope of work for subcontract and supplier packages;
- Establish the project billing breakdown for submission to Owner for review;
- Attend site meetings with the Owner and Consultants and ensures all correspondence from the Owner and Consultants receives prompt attention;
- Review and approve all subcontractor and supplier monthly payment applications prepared jointly with the Project Administrator;
- Provide a monthly job costing summary;
- Assume full responsibility for conformance to the plans, specifications and coordination with the schedule;
- Assume overall responsibility for the prompt and complete Close Out of projects, including finalizing all owner / subcontractor / supplier issues, completion of deficiencies, submission of final documentation, attaining Total Performance and preparation / presentation of Post Project Evaluations.
- C.Tech., P.Eng., or CET Designation
- Either hold or are eligible for your Gold Seal certification
- A minimum of 10 years of proven experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Estimating, Scheduling, Budgeting/Cost-Control, Financial Reporting and Client Relationship Management.
- Excellent management skills and proactive at addressing issues before they become a problem.
- Prior experience with Design Build and Water/Wastewater projects would be an asset.
- Highly developed leadership, communication and computer skills would be an asset.
- Extensive experience with lump sum projects.
- Strong leadership and teambuilding abilities.
- Proficiency with MS Office is required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate, both written and oral.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com