On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is looking for a Project Manager with High Rise Experience. For one of Western Canada's largest developer builders. They offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefits packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program, an employee home purchase program, and employee discounts.
Reporting to the Director, Construction, as the Project Manager you will oversee all aspects of high-rise construction projects. You also effectively manage resources and processes to ensure projects are completed within budgets and timelines as well as in accordance with the quality standard.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and monitoring project designs, schedules, budgets and contracts to ensure accuracy of information and adjust when necessary to keep projects on track.
- Reviewing and authorizing invoices and/or purchase orders. Preparing monthly project construction Cost-to-Complete reports for review.
- Fostering positive relationships with subcontractors/suppliers while ensuring receipt of goods/services are according to contract terms and conditions.
- Coordinating and administering legal survey registration. Scheduling and participating in site inspection tours with city officials.
- Managing the coordination, administration and installation of preliminary civil designs, offsite improvements, utilities, subgrade preparation, and finished surfaces.
- Collaborating with project consultants to develop working drawings and detailed designs. Administering design changes where required and ensuring proper supporting documentation.
- Coordinating shop drawing sign-offs and integration between trades.
- Reviewing Request for Information and collaborating with consultants to effectively instruct trades to ensure all noted issues are resolved.
- Reviewing building permit and construction drawings to analyze project constructability while identifying opportunities for value engineering. Scrutinizing in-progress projects to identify and rectify design deficiencies or problems.
- Promoting safe work environment to ensure compliance with Safety Program and relevant safety regulations.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation as well as write and present in a persuasive and influencing manner.
- An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
- A creative problem solver; you think outside the box for solutions without fear of failure.
- A leader; you attract, retain, develop or improve the skills of others through effective coaching and guidance.
- Degree or Diploma in Commerce, Construction, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience in the high-rise construction industry.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint and PowerPoint).
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Taking responsibility for the outcome of decisions and actions.
- Cooperating with team members in a supportive and respectful manner.
- Staying current with technical job skills.
- Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com