MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Project Manager with a passion for, and background in, large transport, marine, or liquid bulk infrastructure projects to work on a 2-year contract position, with high potential of renewal, for our client – Western Canada’s premier container terminal operator and stevedore. With over a century of experience and business units spread across the globe, our client is known as a leading enabler of global trade and provider of smart logistic solutions.
The successful Project Manager will be working on a new Canola Oil Transload Facility in Surrey, BC to accommodate the rapid growth of canola oil production. This includes the development of a liquid bulk railcar offload area, a canola storage tank facility, a canola and utility pumping, pigging and conveyance corridor, a canola marine loading platform and support facilities.
Given its complexity and important, our client is looking for a highly experienced individual with a background in Civil Engineering alongside 10+ years of project management experience on large, heavy civil infrastructure projects – ideally those related to marine, transport, or liquid bulk.
If you’ve been waiting for an opportunity to work on a major, once in a lifetime project with a world-renowned organization whose business centers around connecting our world in faster, smarter, and more sustainable ways, then this is one opportunity you don’t want to miss.
- Establish project management leadership by building and motivating project stakeholders to meet project objectives and adhere to their responsibilities and project milestones;
- Develop and manage all aspects of project engagement from planning, resources, budget, change, risks, communication and external vendor relationships work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence;
- Manage day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs project management team meetings where appropriate;
- Assist in the acquiring of, consolidation, interfacing and compliance with End User requirements;
- Manage and/ or develop scopes of work, technical specifications, tender documents and related documentation;
- Undertake prequalification selections of Vendors, Engineering Consultants and Contractor selections for evaluation;
- Provide expert Civil Engineering advice on design, specifications and tender evaluation;
- Ensures design and construction complies with appropriate regulations, standards and codes of practice;
- Manage project scope, changes and variations
- Develop and maintain PMO documentation
- Prepare estimates and detailed project budgets
- Ensure project financial activities align with business processes
- Fully understand and manage all contracts to ensure deliverables meet project objectives;
- Manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing/ integrating deliverables with project stakeholders
- Provide status reporting regarding project progress, milestones, deliverables, costs, budgets, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across Strategic/ Tactical/ Implementation teams
- 5-10 years’ experience in Project Management including the setting up and delivery of project management frameworks from concept to handover for large infrastructure Projects;
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Civil Engineering;
- Post graduate qualifications in Project Management or related disciplines;
- Demonstrated experience delivering Civil Engineering Infrastructure projects, including large transport, marine infrastructure, and liquid bulk infrastructure;
- Managing civil design, construction standards, consultants, tenders and Canadian Standards/ FIDIC forms of contract;
- Demonstrated experience of applying civil engineering principles to review, question and challenge concepts, design and application.
- Canadian work experience in similar Projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level scheduling, computer literacy (MS Office, AutoCAD) and report writing skills
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...