Are you a Civil or Environmental Engineering Professional with a passion for creating projects that impact thousands of people and make meaningful differences in communities?
MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking Senior Civil Engineer with experience in water and wastewater projects for an employee-owned, award-winning, innovative multi-disciplinary consulting firm. Founded 50 years ago, our client is known throughout the industry for their strong client focus, passion for delivering sustainable and creative solutions, and expertise in Architectural, Civil and Structural Engineering, and Planning and Project Management.
The successful Senior Civil Engineer will immerse themselves in a client-facing environment working on 10 active, unique projects ranging from $3-25M at a given time. The ideal candidate will have experience working cross-functionally with chemical/process engineers on water/wastewater treatment projects and, thus, possess a base understanding of the processes therein. If they are a chemical engineer, this would be an ideal role if they are seeking a position that involves more project management and wearing a few different hats. If you’re looking to join an energetic, forward-thinking company who values its people and offers you the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, grow your career, and make a difference all at the same time then this is the opportunity for you. Did we mention they have a dog-friendly office and flexible work environment?!
- Perform complex and varied engineering, design, and project management work
- Oversee and manage up to 10 projects at a given time valued between $3-25M.
- Analyze and assess requirements to make recommendations for achieving client and project objectives
- Prepare and review proposals, designs, technical reports, and specifications
- Mentor Engineers-in-Training (EITs), professional engineers, and technical staff
- Undertake technical peer reviews and/or verifications
- Respond to challenges and liaise cross-departmentally with colleagues in the Architectural, Structural, and Planning teams
- Collaborate and work with funding agencies, prospective clients, first nations/indigenous communities, and sub-contractors
- Prepare project budgets and monitor and control costs
- Foster and maintain strong client relationships
- Travel to project sites in Northern BC and Yukon as required
• 8+ years of experience in Civil, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering
• Post-secondary degree in Civil, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering
• Registered P.Eng. with EGBC
• Must have knowledge of/experience with BC Standards
• Must have experience with water treatment and/or wastewater
• Experience with First Nations – a major asset
• Experience with a similar consulting firm – an asset
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com