MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer for our client – a BC-based, employee-owned dynamic engineering and environmental consultancy. Throughout their 15+ years, they’ve established themselves as specialists in geotechnical engineering, environmental investigation and remediation, and hydrogeological engineering and are known for their multi-disciplinary, collaborative approach. With offices throughout BC, including Victoria, Burnaby, and Abbotsford, they can meet the needs of their diverse clientele, including government agencies, developers, architects, and property owners on a variety of projects including ports & marine, linear infrastructure, highways, hydroelectric, and residential/commercial developments.
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will play a key leadership and people management role overseeing a group of Junior Engineers and allocating projects. Most importantly, this position is for someone with excellent communication skills as stakeholder/client management will be a key mandate given our client is looking for someone who can move into a Principal position in the near future.
If you’ve been looking for an opportunity to lead a division with an organization who values honesty, growth, collaboration where you can be sure you’ll feel challenged and fulfilled for years to come, then this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Geotechnical, Civil, or Geological Engineering
- 7+ years of consulting or industry experience, preferably in BC
- Must be or eligible to register as a professional engineer in the BC with EGBC
- Experience working in a consulting engineering environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills alongside strong interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership and client-facing experience
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Possess demonstrated experience in aspects such as:
- Planning and undertaking geotechnical site investigations
- Foundation design for small and large structures
- Excavations and shoring design
- Retaining wall design
- Slope stability assessments
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment