MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer in Edmonton, for our client – an industry leading mechanical engineering consultancy. Over the past 25+ years, our client has leveraged their expertise in mechanical design and project management to deliver solutions for HVAC, plumbing and drainage, fire protection systems, and energy modelling projects located across Western Canada and California. As they continue to grow, they are seeking a Sr Mechanical Engineer / Designer to join their Edmonton office.
You will be a dedicated team member with demonstrated technical proficiency in mechanical building projects. Your role may encompass leading design initiatives, mentoring, and actively engaging in the technical aspects of projects. In return, you can expect a supportive culture, flexible work schedule (including HALF-DAY FRIDAYS), opportunity for growth, and an incredibly generous, industry leading benefits/compensation package.
- Lead and delegate tasks for project design, supervising mechanical design teams.
- Offer technical guidance to clients and sub-consultants.
- Mentor and review work of junior team members.
- Attend design meetings and conduct construction site reviews when necessary.
- Analyze design proposals, select equipment, and prepare drawings and specifications.
- Ensure high-quality work, timely project completion, and continuous improvement in design standards.
- Mechanical Engineering degree/diploma with 5+ years of professional experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of all building systems and their interactions with mechanical systems.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Word.
- Capable of scheduling, mentoring, and managing teams (1-3 members) across multiple projects.
- Willing to be hands-on and jump in on projects when needed.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com