On behalf of our clients, Matchbox Consulting is seeking a Site Superintendent for a 120-unit townhouse project located in Coquitlam. Our client is a leading general contractor with projects spanning the residential, commercial, restoration, and tenant improvement space. With a strong pipeline of projects and plenty of opportunities for growth don't miss out on the opportunity to get in with this leading company.
Key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring self-performed work and sub trade work for compliance with Project Documents
- Estimating work quantities and recording actual data to control cost and progress of the project
- Arranging required Engineer and City inspections, and collecting the required inspection reports
- Verifying the accuracy of CCN’s, CD’s, Change Orders (CO), and SI’s and directing action on them
- Preparing, reviewing and directing action on all RFI’s
- Developing look-ahead schedules
- Reviewing subcontractor shop drawings
- Chairing subcontractor/General Contractor meetings
- Preparing daily site reports and following up on action items
Experience and other requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in new construction (residential and/or commercial)
- Possess knowledge of construction processes, contracts, scheduling and quality control
- At minimum an intermediate user of MS Project, Word, Excel, and Procore
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven performance in leadership and managing people
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com