On behalf of our clients, Matching Box Consulting is currently looking for a Site Superintendent who is professional, qualified, and competent to perform the duties of a superintendent.
The right candidate will have a good understanding of the construction processes and must be capable of managing trades, supervising small crews, fluent at reading blueprints, motivated to work alone, and be a team player.
- Must be able to plan, allocate resources, manage production, and coordinate people and equipment.
- Supervise multiple crews and associated contract work to obtain top quality workmanship, efficiency, employee satisfaction, morale, communication, commitment, and teamwork
- Bring to the attention of those who need to know any aspect of the job that needs resolution, correction or further direction as soon as possible
- Recognize and communicate with Project Manager any priority projects or problems.
- Run a clean, organized site
- Capable of completing a project on time and on budget
- To work together in cooperation with all team members (internal and external)
- Conduct on-site safety orientation and maintain daily safety reports
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com