On behalf of our client, a Canadian General Contractor, MatchBox Consulting Group is searching for a construction Superintendent in Manitoba or Saskatchewan who is open to travel inter-provincially.
We focus on the design, permitting, and construction of commercial, industrial, dealership, aviation, recreational, first nations, and seniors assisted living developments in Western Canada. We are a proud partner of the Permasteel Group of Companies which has been in business since 1953. Our offices are located in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Fort McMurray. Our goal is to meet with clients who are considering a new building, educate them about the construction process as it applies to their ideas, advise them as to the type of construction that best suits their needs, and establish a price for construction that best serves their resources.
We are a nimble and collaborative team of professionals, who have entrepreneurial spirit, are client oriented, driven while not losing the view of having fun together and maintaining balanced home and work life.
We are looking for an experienced Site Superintendent with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in field operations working on commercial, light industrial and mixed-use construction projects in the provinces of Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the project health and safety program as per OH&S Act and Health, Safety and Environmental policies
- The ability to lead all on site activities including subcontractors, suppliers, and own forces coordination
- Robust knowledge of site layout and working with surveyors to ensure building layout and elevations are accurate
- Planning, scheduling, cost control and thorough knowledge of current safety requirements, construction technology and techniques, and subcontractors scope of work and responsibilities
- Conduct daily site orientations, hazard assessments, maintain thorough daily reports and accurately track site progress to ensure construction schedules are met
- Ensure projects are built according to the approved design drawings, specifications and meet applicable code requirements
- Manage the Quality Control Program and ensure all aspects of the project meet the project quality requirements
- Schedule and chair regular subtrade coordination meetings
- Must be capable of reading drawings, specifications, and shop drawings to ensure compliance
- Ability to use on site computer and work with Word, Excel, Outlook, scheduling software programs, Procore an asset but not mandatory
- Knowledge of pre-engineered metal buildings systems would be an asset.
- Journeyperson certificate or postsecondary diploma or degree in a related discipline.
- Gold Seal certification is preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive field supervision experience
- Demonstrated experience implementing a strong safety culture by application of health, safety, and environment principles and legislation
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in construction industry; including building materials, construction methods, specifications, safety and environmental principles, and procedures
- Ability to apply engineering principles to construction plans and schedules
- Ability to coordinate multiple scopes of a construction project, including monitoring, and coordinating our trade partners with the construction schedule
- Thorough understanding of contract language, with the ability to identify and mitigate risks and leverage opportunities.
- Valid Driver’s License
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...