MatchBox Consulting Group is urgently searching for a Business Analyst for a 6-month contract position (strong possibility of extension) with our Vancouver BC based public sector health client.
Scope of Duties
- Works collaboratively with all business areas, applications and technology teams, and external partners, including First Nations stakeholders, to support completion of the deliverables related to the Data Strategy and Digital Health Strategy
- Leads business analysis activities to understand, analyze and document the business requirements translating them into functional requirements and/or process workflows
- Leads discussions with business teams to elicit, capture and document requirements (business requirements, functional, non-functional and transitional)
- Drafts use cases and participates in the development of strategic frameworks, operating models, and processes
- Leads and documents discussions with business units to determine the extent to which solution(s) meet(s) the needs of the business
- Creates business, process, data, and workflow models to complement requirements
- Acts as a liaison facilitating requirements between the Data Strategy and Digital Health Strategy areas of work
- Develops, defines, and builds application-based business cases, briefing notes, and decision sheets that will enable business and technological recommendations
- Performs current as-is analysis and documents to-be future state
- Creates functional specifications for conversions, upgrades, interfaces, reports, forms, and workflows as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Computer Science/Business/Health Informatics) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- More than 5 years’ of experience in business analysis, requirements gathering, solution definition & evaluation, writing reports and briefing documents & creating project documents and artifacts
- 8+ years’ of experience in Business Analysis in a complex business environment and preferably with 5 or more of those as a Senior Business Analyst
- Experience working on agile projects, hybrid projects and waterfall projects through full project lifecycle
- Experience leading stakeholder sessions/workshops with audience at a director level and above
- Experience on business driven or business transformation projects
- Experience providing strategic planning and/or product management considered an asset
- Experience in health sector with primary care or processes change on Canadian Healthcare projects considered an asset
- Experience in working with business, clients or customers for new products, systems or enhancements
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com