Matchbox Consulting Group is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to work on a 1-year contract with very high potential of renewal, for one of BC's largest utility and energy companies! This individual will be responsible for applying engineering knowledge to provide engineering, estimating, planning, and quality management services for medium complexity projects and/or operations safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
- Develop safe engineering solutions by using initiative and judgement to perform tasks including developing designs, analyzing and resolving problems, and interpreting engineering specifications on medium complexity and scope assignments for projects and operations.
- Assist project or operations management to meet safety, cost, quality, and time objectives by proposing changes in plans and estimated costs, recommending payment for work completed by contractors, preparing progress reports, coordinating work schedules and other similar tasks.
- Resolve highly technical and unusual design and field engineering problems by conducting independent studies and analysis, exercising independent judgment in selecting and interpreting information, recommending safe engineering designs to support successful operations and/or project completion
- Participate in the organization's engineering practice by conducting independent studies and analysis, contributing to the development of technical standards, exercising judgment in selecting and interpreting information, recommending safe engineering designs, and making decisions related to methods and designs as well as providing guidance and advice to other engineering professionals to develop future capability.
- Proficient in Distribution plant design encompassing U/G and O/H, covering feasibility, preliminary, and detailed design, as well as fieldwork.
- Skilled in assessing and mitigating site conditions concerning Distribution plant, focusing on slope stability, slide risk, erosion, etc.
- Extensive expertise in utilizing industry-standard analysis and design software.
- Strong comprehension of field safety and environmental impacts related to existing conditions, construction activities, and permanent installations. Familiarity with MMCD, MoTI Utilities Manual, CoV Utilities Design Manual, and relevant jurisdictional codes and design requirements.
- Minimum 8 years as Geotechnical Engineer
- Registered P.Eng. (Geotechnical discipline with good understanding of civil infrastructure in public) in good standing with EGBC
- Current confined space entry training
- PSSP 2, 3, and DBC
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver License
Nice to Have:
- Experience with and working in Canadian electric utility
- Experience with and working in proximity to energized electric plant
- Experience in coordination with other utilities in public
- Familiar with temporary shoring methods
- Familiar with working in public environment
- Familiar with permitting processes for utilities in public
- Familiar with environmental, archeological, and properties aspects of civil engineering projects
For more current job opportunities, Follow MatchBox at linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment/
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team's extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com