MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Principal for our client – an industry leading mechanical engineering consultancy. Over the past 25+ years, our client has leveraged their expertise in mechanical design and project management to deliver solutions for HVAC, plumbing and drainage, fire protection systems, and energy modelling projects located across Western Canada and California. As they continue to grow, they are seeking a Principal to join their Calgary office and play a key role in managing the business, bringing in new clients, and contributing their technical expertise to add value and contribute to the successful completion of projects.
You will be a passionate leader and team player with proven technical expertise and operational or project management experience as it relates to mechanical building projects. Coaching, business development, directing projects, and even getting one’s hands dirty on the technical aspects of projects are just a few of the potential responsibilities you can anticipate. We say this as this role is really whatever you want to make it!
In return, you can expect a supportive culture, flexible work schedule (including HALF DAYS EVERY FRIDAY!), opportunity for growth, and an incredibly generous, industry leading benefits/compensation package.
If you’re a Senior Mechanical Engineer/Designer, Project Engineer, or Project Manager looking to take the next step in your career, this is one role you definitely don’t want to pass up!
- Pursue and foster new business development opportunities with new and existing clients
- Ensure the projects are managed successfully in terms of design and staff and that they are completed on schedule and on budget to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Manage, coordinate and lead Mechanical engineering projects of various sizes and complexity,
- Analyze customer design proposals and specifications to determine cost effective solutions,
- Ensure professional quality services in all facets of work and direct assigned personnel in carrying out these tasks,
- Oversee quality and cost control during the design and construction process,
- Business development, build and maintain client relationships.
- Escalate, identify and address the need for additional services and fees by writing the proposal and ensuring the approval is in place prior to approving the work to commence,
- Participate in RFP response and creation of fee proposals, including defining scope of work, budgeting, negotiating and renegotiating contracts in line with changing client needs,
- Help to recruit, train, direct, evaluate and reward staff as required,
- Assist with performance reviews for all employees
- Oversee the development of staff competence and assist in the training and teaching of new technicians and engineers.
- 10+ years experience in the industry working on HVAC, energy modelling, plumbing & drainage or related projects for buildings with 7+ in leadership capacity
- Mechanical Engineering degree or diploma (PMP and/or PEng is strongly preferred)
- Interest and willingness to engage in business development work/client and project solicitation.
- A book of business contacts that they can bring with them.
- Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- A willingness to jump-in on projects and be hands-on technically when required
- Previous leadership experience at the Associate or Principal level – or similar experience without the title.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com