MatchBox Consulting Group is looking for a Project Manager in Calgary, AB. Over the past eight years, our client has showcased proficiency in middle housing in Canada, completing the construction of almost 200 gentle-density homes and over 300 apartment units in well-established neighborhoods. Among these projects, several have received recognition as award-winning developments on local, national, and international levels.
- Project Management:
- Develop project budgets for hard and soft costs, including estimating with feedback from general contractor.
- Establish and maintain project monitoring via schedule, cashflow, and forecast at completion costing.
- Build and champion the Project Plan; schedule, costing, quality, communications.
- Design & Permitting:
- Collaborate with the Development Team on early design iterations for feasibility.
- Assemble the consultant team including sourcing proposals and evaluating.
- Manage consultants through the start-up, turnover, and working drawing phases.
- Manage City of Calgary Permit applications for Demo and Building Permits.
- Oversee consultants to ensure coordination of BPs, IFTs, and IFCs.
- Construction Management:
- Establish the construction contracts, including General Contractor tender + award.
- Manage hard cost budget and oversee cost-tracking workbooks.
- Administer change management, including RFIs, and change orders.
- Review shop drawings, RFIs, and site instructions promptly.
- Attend and document owner and builder construction meetings.
- Use project management tools to monitor progress on quality, schedule, and budget.
- Quality Assurance and Compliance:
- Track progress and quality of work by general contractors and consultants.
- Review field inspection reports and coordinate resolutions with trades.
- Ensure projects adhere to municipal requirements.
- Completion and Handover:
- Collaborate with the general contractor and property manager for a seamless property handover.
- Review and issue turnover documents on time.
- 5-10 years experience in the construction & development industry
- Strong English communication skills
- Interest in leadership responsibilities
- MF experience (townhomes ideal) from a Development Background
For more current job opportunities, Follow MatchBox at linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment/
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team’s extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com