On behalf of our clients, Matchbox Consulting is looking for a Superintendent Special Projects for a leading construction company that specializes in commercial, industrial, and institutional projects throughout North America. With a focus on safety, quality, and innovation, the clients are committed to delivering exceptional results.
Reporting to the Director of Field Operations, as the Superintendent, Special Projects, you will collaborate and lead teams to execute and deliver quality projects on time and on budget. You will be responsible for providing overall supervision, coordination, and scheduling of construction activities. This position may require you to travel to and supervise multiple sites at once across the City of Vancouver.
Roles & Responsibilities
- On site supervision and coordination of trades for a variety of projects across the City of Vancouver
- With a collaborate style, coordinate and supervise all construction activities on site
- Ensure project is constructed according to drawings, specifications, project schedule and budget
- Partner with management team, including the Project Manager and subcontractors to maintain construction schedule and identify/resolve problems as necessary and in a timely manner
- Maintain construction schedule and identify/resolve problems as necessary and in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including community
- Develop recovery strategies when project schedule or budgets are in jeopardy
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Review and update schedule, cost forecast and cash flow with Project Manager
- Maintain appropriate field documentation including safety, progress reports, rental records, logs etc.
- Provide leadership to peers ensuring all site staff are adhering to the company safety culture
- Organize weekly subcontractor meetings
- Supervise, mentor, coach and train project personnel
- Model the Company Values
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...