Matchbox Consulting is proud to be the partnered staffing firm for Northstar Access.Northstar Access has been a trusted provider of scaffolding, shoring, swing stages, and other access solutions in Canada for over 50 years. Northstar’s customers depend on them for high-quality products, exceptional installation services, industry-leading experience, and a dedicated focus on safety. Since 2012, Northstar has expanded from its original location in Southern Ontario, and now operates from 5 branches across Ontario, Manitoba, and British Columbia, employing more than 250 experienced professionals. Northstar is currently looking for an experienced Business Developer to join our Sales and Business Development team.
As a Business Developer – Industrial, you will set out to establish new business relationships within the industrial sector within Western Canada (must be located in British Columbia or Alberta). This position develops new scaffolding (and other access solutions) business opportunities for the company, leading company growth, with a primary mandate of adding and developing new customer relationships.
- Canvas and develop new accounts and explore new areas of temporary access services in the industrial markets
- Secure opportunities with on-site decision-makers
- Establish relationships and maintain contact with accounts
- Responsible for creation (with legal support) and negotiation of customer contracts and/or service agreements
- Cold calling to generate new leads and client accounts with large general contractors and small builders alike, follow up and close sales opportunities
- Work closely with Estimators to prepare proposals, quotations, and contracts
- Determine construction obstacles that may increase the project cost in advance; ability to make alternative recommendations as required
- Work closely with field team (e.g., erection and dismantling crews) to ensure seamless execution of projects
- Serve as the primary “point of contact” for new customers (first-time) during project execution, serving customer needs and requests and troubleshooting when/if required.
- Meet pre-established sales goals, targets and objectives directed by Management
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of industry sales/business development/estimating experience in industrial markets (Note: previous experience estimating/selling scaffolding or other access solutions, or previous experience managing or building scaffolding-related projects would be an asset but is not a pre-requisite. Other industrial experience)
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Highschool diploma
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven ability to network effectively with on-site project managers/site supervisors and a history of building and sustaining strong business relationships
- Agile and highly motivated self-starter who enjoys working in the construction field, being mobile and is comfortable building new relationships
- Ability to create proposal and spearhead the drafting of associated contracts and/or service agreements
- Demonstrated a track record of success in prospecting and growing new accounts, creating opportunities for new work, preparing quotes and pitching new clients
- Ability to read drawings, plans, and blueprints
- Mathematical, mechanical, and logical reasoning abilities
- Basic knowledge and use of computer software: email, spreadsheets, MS Office; familiarity with CAD Software also helpful but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision under tight time constraints
- A sense of urgency and capable of responding to matters in a timely manner
- Valid Drivers license in good standing
You’ll love working at Northstar because of:
The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, smart, supportive, and passionate teams – people you can be proud to work with.
The Business. Northstar Access Inc is an industry leader in access solutions in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.
Management & Ownership. Northstar’s ownership and management team are long-term focused. We are focused on making the right long-term decisions for the business and bringing in values-orientated individuals who can grow with the company over the long term. Being privately-owned and Canadian focused, we are not focused on quarterly financial results, or short-term objectives.
Northstar Access is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. Northstar Access welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agency, please.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com