MatchBox Consulting Group is looking for a Construction Manager for one of our top clients. This is an amazing opportunity to work on high profile projects with a brand name company. This is a contract role for 1 year.
What You Will Do
• The Construction Manager is responsible for overseeing one or more complex projects with a diverse range of requirements, ensuring that each project is completed safely, on time, within budget, and to a high standard of quality.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
• A minimum nine (9) years of construction management experience or equivalent.
• Manage the allocation of materials, financial, and human resources by using excellent technical skills in construction methodologies, estimating, and contract management in support of delivering quality projects safely, within budget, and on time.
• Ensure work site safety by prioritizing the safe execution of work by performing and giving feedback on Safe Work Observations
• Develop comprehensive mitigation plans by identifying, analyzing, and monitoring risks including reputational, environmental, safety, and indigenous relations for effective risk management throughout the project lifecycle.
• Contribute to stakeholder engagement by using excellent skills in communication, negotiation, and persuasive influencing so that projects are planned and implemented successfully.
Education and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Good working knowledge of project management
• Excellent working knowledge of safety standards and regulations such as Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Standards and WorkSafe Regulations
• Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Real Estate & Construction, Information Technology, Engineering & Technical and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match. For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment