Matchbox Consulting is looking for a Controller for our client, a leading building supply company based in Langley. Our client is a leader in their industry, and have a long track record quality service.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage Accounting and Payroll departments with a staff of six.
- Prepare financial statements, analysis and reports in a deadline orientated environment.
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of business results for over 60 stores.
- Ensure accounting principles, regulations and policies are adhered to.
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics.
- Manage, coach and implement the budget process for stores.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database as needed.
- Evaluate and maintain internal controls and processes.
- Monitor AR accounts for corporate stores and direct collections as necessary.
- CPA Designation
- Retail and wholesale distribution experience
- Previous leadership experience
- Franchising experience
- International business experience in USA & Canada
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com