MatchBox is looking for a Development Manager for one of Vancouver’s most reputable developer-builders who are looking to expand into the Greater Toronto Area. They have established a reputation for building state-of-the-art light industrial and commercial facilities. Their priority over the last few years has been to build experienced development and construction teams to provide their clients with unmatched insight and direction to achieve repeated success. Our client is recognized for their employee culture in the country and are looking to add key members to achieve further success as they continue to grow and expand.
The Development Manager will be responsible for overseeing development projects. They will provide guidance and leadership of projects and handle the government approval processes like subdivisions, rezoning and associated permits. The ideal Development Manager will be able to multi-task between various priorities while providing quality service for each project.
- To prepare applications for civic approvals for the revitalisation of industrial plots
- To review zoning and subdivision bylaws, legal impediments, proposal procedures and other guidelines that will affect development
- To calculate and manage consultant budgets through the approval process and deliver projects on budget
- To coordinate with construction project managers on lot layouts, properties requiring site preparation, preloading and large cut or fill requirements
- To create the initial development schedules and manage them to deliver approvals on time
- To manage the consultant team in applying and obtaining approvals for rezoning applications, land subdivisions and direct the municipal planning and engineering departments
- To actively participate and provide input in design meetings to analyze plans and specifications for coordination, constructability, value engineering, and completeness
- To establish and preserve relations with suppliers, consultants and subcontractors to have updated market pricing and ensure timely delivery of services
- Extensive knowledge and expertise of pre-development, pre-construction, project management, budgeting and estimating, cost analysis and control, scheduling, contact administration and value engineering
- Experience in working with municipal government departments in applications for rezoning, subdivision and servicing agreement
- In-depth understanding, knowledge and interpretation of bylaws and servicing design concepts
- Previous background in land due diligence review, managing tasks, and on/off site servicing on multiple concurrent project
- Previous knowledge on development legal documents, rights of way, easements and restrictive covenants is an asset
- Post-secondary education and 5 years of experience in a related discipline, preferably development/project management, planning, or engineering
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, Timberline and MS Project
- Self motivated to work on new initiatives and can work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
- Excellent communication skills, combined with proven presentation experience within a senior level management group and key relationships outside of the company
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...