MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking a Director of Engineering for a permanent role with a client of ours located in Markham, Ontario.
- Insight the OS Graphics software stack and hardware trend, e.g., GUI, display and input techs.
- Identify the key technologies and lead team to research and implement PoCs.
- Lead the Canadian team to collaborate with the China-based engineering team for production.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Leadership skills to build coherence in software development teams.
- Leadership skills to create and communicate architecture vision and targets.
- Familiar in graphic APIs like OpenGLES, Vulkan, Metal, Direct2D, etc. and familiar with the technologies in OS graphics area, especially for GUI, 2D/3D graphics architecture, render pipeline, application frameworks, and GPU acceleration for UI, etc.
- Experienced in Qt, Windows and iOS GUI, understanding the relevant components deeply, e.g., render server, window manager, UI animations and etc.
- Experienced in CE (Consumer Electronic) device evolvement, e.g., XR, wearable devices and can identify the relative change in the OS/OS graphics area.
- Software production experience in CE device is an asset.
- Good knowledge of Android/iOS is an asset.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com