Matchbox Consulting is hiring for an Electrical Engineer for one of our employee orientated clients. They are known for their commitment to innovation and technological advancement and have a strong reputation for delivering high-quality products and services
Working collaboratively with other engineers and designers, the Electrical Engineer will assist with the development and implementation of innovative Infrastructure designs and solutions.
- Direct and coordinate electrical planning and implementation ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, and work order requirements
- Report work compliance with relevant codes, standards and procedures
- Provide designs such items as cable tray layouts, electrical equipment arrangements, lighting layouts and LV single line diagrams
- Provide electrical calculations such as volt-drop, EHT heat loss, illumination level, distribution transformer sizing and panel loading
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software such as AutoCAD & MicroStation/PDS
- Provide expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- Create technical reports, documentation, calculations and sketches
- Develop sustainable work relationships to ensure positive resolutions with all contacts
- Perform electrical studies as assigned
- Create conceptual designs for assigned projects
- Create specifications as needed
- Prepare cost estimates and equipment layouts
- Oversee the implementation of designs
- Provide resource estimates and schedules for projects
- Make technical decisions
- Direct and coordinate other electrical part of the project team
- Maintain records of project resources
- Participate in department training programs
- Maintain up-to-date electrical engineering knowledge and stay current with industry trends and best practices
- Support the Business Development Team (BD) to effectively manage and expand existing customer relationships
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant experience in design of electrical transportation systems
- Prior electrical or electronic knowledge in street lighting and traffic signal design and certification in IMSA Level 1 and 2 would be an asset
- Working knowledge with AutoCAD and AGi32
- Experience with REVIT and MicroStation would be an asset
- Demonstrated understanding of design and construction practices
- Knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code – Part 1 would be an asset
- Experience in electrical design for industrial underground utility projects is an asset
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral in English
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills (must be willing to communicate with all levels of management)
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com