- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to a particular bid/project as assigned
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Review schedule of projects being estimated
- Organize estimating team to prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid
- Perform or assist risk and contract management responsibilities as required;
- Perform daily forecast of crew cost and production rate and report to Superintendent as required;
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures;
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work;
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues;
- Monitor client addendum and advise the estimating team on changes during the estimate period;
- Prepare or assist bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors;
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials;
- Work with Company employees, owners and subcontractors to get commitment/consensus regarding proposed bids;
- Obtain knowledge of project and appropriate regulations required to construct the project;
- Review list of work to be performed by subcontractors;
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited institution and 5 years estimating & cost control related experience and/or training;
- Or 10 years related experience and/or training;
- Construction, design, finance and management experience required; and
- Advanced knowledge of HCSS Heavy Bid Estimating Software.
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...