MatchBox Consulting is looking for a Finishing Superintendent for their client to join the team in Calgary ASAP.
You will be a proven team player and leader on the work-site, and excited to grow your project list with a company that has a strong pipeline of high-rise and high-end coming through.
Oversee and maintain subcontractor and own forces work to ensure quality, schedule, and cost control during construction by:
- Effectively managing job site workforce, equipment, materials and trade contractors to attain targeted profit margin while ensuring adherence to specifications and plans.
- Working closely with the Site Superintendent, Project Manager, Trade Contractors, Consultants, Inspectors, and Regulatory Agencies to prepare and execute project plans and specifications and ensure the quality of work.
- Developing schedules and construction sequencing in conjunction with Site Superintendent and Project Managers.
- Achieving project schedule milestones by looking ahead, identifying weekly deliverables for own staff and trade contractors and implementing corrective action where necessary to catch up and meet deliverables.
- Overseeing Project Record Documents: maintaining detailed daily site reports (track rentals, trade manpower, site conditions and issues), progress photographs, and site as-built drawings (including all site instructions and clarifications), timesheets, P.O.s etc.
- Implementing health, safety and environmental procedures on site in accordance with legislation and company policies to ensure safety of all workers and protection of the public.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients, sub-trades, consultants and employees with a focus on mutual trust and respect.
- 3+ years of site leadership experience as a Foreman, Lead Hand or Finishing Superintendent on multi family projects
- Trades or Journeyman certification, or post secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline
- Must be or willing to be fully vaccinated
Nice to Have
- High rise experience is ideal but not a must have
- Mulit-family or mixed use project experience is a close second.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...