MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking an Assistant Superintendent for our client, a family-owned developer-builder in the Fraser Valley.
Are you an experienced construction professional with experience as a Foreman or Assistant Superintendent looking for your next challenge and a clear path to a full Site Superintendent position? This is the role for you.
Our client is building a team for a deep pipeline of wood-frame single-family masterplan developments. Over the next decade the client will develop hundreds of homes in the Fraser Valley. The client builds cul-de-sacs, sub-divisions, and single family communities.
The client is seeking an Assistant Superintendent to train to become a Site Superintendent.
Are you ready to step up?
• Assist the Site Superintendent in ensuring that trades and suppliers are progressing as per the construction
schedule. This includes creating detailed schedules for the mechanical rough-in stage;
• This role would include working with subcontractors starting at excavation, then working with concrete cribbers,
framers, and all mechanical trades to complete rough in;
• Work with professionals and City officials to ensure home passes all necessary inspections
• Ensure that components are built according to approved plans, specification’s, and applicable codes/bylaws
• Assist the Site Superintendent with budget review
• Ensure all staff, sub-trades, and suppliers are compliant with WCB safe working practices and procedures
• Monitor all homes on a daily basis to ensure all materials and workmanship is in compliance with the client’s quality
• Experience working on residential construction projects;
• Solid understanding of current construction practices, architectural drawings and specifications;
• Ability to schedule and effectively document onsite activities;
• Experience in a supervisory or managerial position is an asset;
• Apprenticeship, first aid certifications or work in the trades would be an asset;
• Understanding of Part 9 of the BCBC would be an assest;
• University, college or accredited courses would be an asset;
This is a site-based position with competitive pay, an long run-way at a single location and an exciting opportunity to
quickly expand an applicants skillset and role within the company
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment