On behalf of our clients, Matchbox Consulting is seeking a Mechanical Foreman. Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Mechanical Foreman is responsible for managing the field assets of personnel, material, and equipment to ensure timely and proper completion of projects. Provides technical assistance to field staff and coordinates project requirements with the Project Manager and Coordinator, the BIM Designer, the Fabrication Shop, and all other team members. Ensures that the company’s goals for service, honesty, and reliability are met and exceeded.
- Oversees field personnel and works with the Project Team to manage labour.
- Works with Project Team to order, receive, and manage materials and equipment.
- Manages on site tools and equipment
- Provides technical assistance in relation to pipefitting, and plumbing.
- Reviews and understands all drawings, specifications, and mechanical systems on designated projects.
- Ensures installations comply with applicable codes and regulations.
- Maintain paperwork such as Hazard Assessments, Short Interval Plans, Timesheets, Weekly Labour Reports, Daily Logs, Safety Forms, etc.
- Ensure understanding of, and compliance with, the company Operational Health and Safety Manual.
- Ensure As-Built drawings and Valve Tag schedules are kept up to date.
- Attend design & trade meetings
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- Plumbing Ticket
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a foreman in mechanical construction
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with mechanical room, water treatment and/or district energy piping
- Experience with Blueprint reading and contract specifications
- Possess Class 5 Driver’s License
- Clean Driver's Abstract required
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com