On behalf of our clients, Matchbox Consulting is seeking a Site Foreperson. This is an excellent opportunity for someone ready to transfer off the tools and into a position that will provide the opportunity to grow into Superintendent. The client has been around for over 50 years and believes their people make the difference. Offering an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefits packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program, employee home purchase program and employee discounts.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, as the Site Foreperson, you are responsible for providing support to ensure all site work is carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with quality standards. You also inspect and remedy framing deficiencies.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Site Superintendent with activities relative to supervision of site employees, ensuring compliance with quality standards, policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Conducting framing deficiency inspections and following up to ensure all corrective actions are implemented.
- Liaising with municipal inspectors and structural engineers.
- Reading and interpreting project drawings and specifications to prepare schedules and reports.
- Installing fire stopping and back framing, and performing repair work as necessary.
- Operating and maintaining a variety of tools and equipment..
The ideal candidate is:
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation and in written communication.
- A creative thinker; you identify new ideas, techniques and opportunities to improve performance and productivity.
- A leader; develops and improve the skills of others through effective coaching and guidance.
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of construction experience.
- Experience as a foreman is preferred.
- Extensive understanding of tools, materials, and equipment for construction sites is required.
- Knowledge of building codes and different construction techniques for different types of work is considered an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
- Red Seal in Carpentry is preferred.
- Supervisory experience as a team lead is an asset.
For more current job opportunities, Follow MatchBox at linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment/
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team’s extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com