MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking an Intermediate Architectural Technologist on behalf of our client- an innovative Architectural firm known for its sustainable and visually appealing designs. They collaborate with their clients to create functional and environmentally responsible spaces across various sectors, including commercial, multi-family residential, institutional, and mixed-use projects. With a focus on user experience and a commitment to excellence, our client delivers exceptional designs that enhance productivity, well-being, and the overall quality of life.
This individual will fulfill a multifaceted role within architectural projects. They will work on project schedules, budgets, and work plans, collaborating with design teams on various aspects including sustainability and code compliance. They are also involved in document preparation, site verifications, and overseeing contract administration, ensuring quality and compliance throughout different project stages.
- Establishes, monitors, and reports on project schedule, budget, and work plans
- Collaborates with design staff on code, sustainability, and constructability issues
- Prepares architectural and interior design contract documents
- Conducts on-site verifications and building code reviews
- Coordinates energy performance compliance and appropriate specifications
- Provides support during contract administration phase, including site meetings and review of shop drawings
- Coordinates appropriate specifications with specification writer including procurement and general requirements
- Responsible for design and detailing of complex building elements including exterior envelope
- Attend construction site meetings and site review
- Participates in quality assurance processes and contributes to technical standards development
- Supports general office duties and project-specific tasks as needed
- Involved in Design/Development stage and occasionally in Construction Docs phase, with some Construction Admin responsibilities
- 3+ years experience in the design/architectural/engineering industry
- Post-Secondary Diploma from an accredited school or Architectural Technology Program
- Revit and/or Engineering Design and Drafting Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Training in architectural technology, building technical design and construction
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com