Matchbox is seeking an Interior Designer to lead various stages of interior design projects and/or integrated design. This firm fosters a collaborative and inclusive environment to create spaces that prioritize wellbeing, community, sustainability, and purposeful living. Their success stems from strong relationships with clients, consultants, employees, teammates, and a diverse portfolio.
You will report to a Senior Designer or Project Lead. Responsibilities may encompass project tasks for medium to large-scale projects. Successful execution of this interior design role is highly dependent on effective collaboration with project team members, consultants, and vendors.
The office culture is both relaxed and dynamic, reflecting a balanced work ethic. The firm values well-rounded candidates who possess a combination of technical and creative design knowledge. Attention to detail, adeptness in drafting, and concept ideation are key, with an emphasis on creativity.
- Establish and maintain project schedules, workplans, and EVA’s.
- Prepare client fee letters, schedules, and review client invoicing.
- Schedule work assignments, delegate tasks, and confirm team’s understanding of expectations.
- Lead site verifications, space inventory data gathering, and programming analysis.
- Develop design concepts, presentation materials, and furniture specifications as needed.
- Coordinate consultants and vendors, review contract documents and specifications.
- Manage large interior design/integrated projects independently and oversee project teams.
- Work across multiple projects, ensuring high-quality results throughout.
- 3-5 years of interior design experience with integrated projects, supported by references and portfolio.
- Proficiency in larger scale architectural projects with an interior design component.
- Degree/diploma from CIDA accredited institute.
- AAA Intern Interior Designer (or in progress), NCIDQ exams (or in progress), and IDA/IDC Intern Member (or in progress) are assets.
- Knowledge and expertise using Revit & AutoCad
- Strong Intermediate to Advanced grasp of building codes, integrated projects, and design-construction processes.
- Proficient in structural, mechanical, and electrical systems, building components, and construction methods.
- In-depth knowledge of contract documents, finish specifications, and materials applications.
- Advanced skills in graphic/visualization and hand sketching.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com