In partnership with one of the biggest names in Vancouver’s real estate and construction market, Matchbox is sourcing for an Office Manager.
The Office Manager plays a pivotal role in ensuring our client's operational processes are at the highest level. You are a customer service guru who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This role includes both front and back of house duties, and supporting HR on engagement initiatives to enhance the employee experience.
Primary responsibilities include ownership of office and travel administration, facilities maintenance, process creation/improvement, cultivating vendor relationships, and providing exceptional client service to ensure our client's office locations are well managed on all fronts. You will achieve this through developing and executing on key administrative duties and developing best practices for office management.
You are incredibly pro-active, not afraid to ‘roll-up your sleeves’ and get ANY job done, and you are a master at anticipating needs and expertly navigating ambiguity. You pride yourself as being a spreadsheet aficionado and the idea of automation/building efficiencies excites you.
Key Responsibilities – Office Management
- Manage an Office Administration team including a Receptionist & Office Administrator(s)
- Create and maintain processes to optimize office operations
- Standardize office protocols across all locations (where feasible)
- Research, execute and maintain vendor relationships to support office efficiencies and initiatives.
- Central resource for all office moves, seating allocations and renovation projects
- Provide front desk (primarily lunch & vacation) coverage as required
- Inventory management and ordering of office supplies and kitchen needs
- Management of office budget and review/approval of office expenses
- Management of employee parking program
- Maintain shared space etiquette and maintenance (meeting rooms, kitchen)
- Manage vendor relationships with cleaners, plant maintenance, dry cleaners, iron mountain and personal trainer contractors as to added tasks, concerns etc.
- Management of document archives
- Errands as required
- Projects as assigned
Key Responsibilities – Travel Administration
- Research and make travel arrangements including flights, hotel and car (including rental car insurance tracking)
- Ensure that all travel arrangements are made ensuring maximum efficiency, cost effectiveness and accuracy
- Tracking of travel bookings, specifically hotel and flight cancellations, to ensure appropriate credits/refunds are received
- Create travel itineraries and manage change requests, ensuring all changes are communicated with the applicable employee(s)
- Track and update travel logistics
Workplace Experience – Safety
- Updating Communicable Disease Plans/Covid Safety Plans as needed
- Supplying all shared spaces/appliances are equipped with disinfectant spray/wipes
- Assist in researching/drafting update communications
Workplace Experience – Onboarding
- Support the onboarding process for new hires
- Workstation set-up, parking coordination, SWAG boxes
- New hire office tour, general onboarding, coordinate executive welcome meetings
- Support in new hire cohort initiatives
Workplace Experience – Wellness, Engagement, T&D
- Manage employee fitness program (instructor outreach, schedule coordination, invoicing, communication to staff)
- Assess, design and implement in-office services that yield the following outcomes: convenience, wellness support, alignment with culture
- Service Recognition Awards coordination
- Support employee training and development initiatives (i.e. lunch and learns)
- Research and expand our employee discount program
- Research seasonal or themed info-sheets for employees (resources/ideas for employee wellness outside of work)
- Assist with research and coordination of Mental Health initiatives
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in an office management role
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to contribute effectively within a team environment
- Ability to work efficiently and without constant supervision
- Advance computer skills – MS Office (especially Word/Excel)
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to identify, assess and solve problems/issues independently and proactively
- Strong sense of integrity, professionalism and loyalty
- Sense of humor
- Proactive, positive, and outgoing
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity
- Confidentiality and discretion on sensitive information
- Ability to travel
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com