On behalf of our clients, Matchbox Consulting is seeking a Project Manager with multifamily wood frame experience to join a leading general contractor and construction management firm company in the lower mainland. The company was formed by a group of people who are passionate about construction. Over the past few years, members of the team have earned success for contributions to the tenant improvement, multi-family, and mixed-use markets across the Lower Mainland in BC.
The Project Manager will join our multifamily construction team. This role is located in Vancouver and reports to the Principal. The Project Manager will perform a wide variety of duties including but not limited to:
- Managing the full multifamily construction cycle of a single project or multiple projects, depending on the scale and complexity of the projects. Such general tasks include budget management and draw review, document coordination, negotiations, and ensuring compliance with codes and safety standards.
- Providing leadership and guidance to junior construction staff and site staff, for the purposes of maintaining a professional culture and improving the skill set of the team and company in general.
- Contributing to a culture of continuous improvement by actively participating in quality assurance meetings and always challenging the status quo with the objective of delivering the same or better quality faster or at a lower cost.
Experience and Education
- Minimum 5 years of experience in construction project management
- BCIT Building Technology Program (or an equivalent credential)
- Experience in putting budgets together, schedules, reviewing shop drawings, administering contracts, managing documents, controlling change order processes and schedule monitoring
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High energy with a positive attitude
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates solid judgement regarding sensitive information
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Proficient with MS Project
- Experience using an ERP system
- Experience using Procore
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...