MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Project Manager in Calgary, AB for a multi-family developer-builder.
We are seeking an energetic Project Manager with a strong background in residential construction, with an emphasis on the multi-family town home and condominium side. This Project Manager and take charge of managing ongoing projects! As our Project Manager, you will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Construction and provide overall management, administration, and technical direction to ensure the successful completion of our projects. You will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring that projects are constructed according to design, budget, safety, and schedule in collaboration with our dedicated team of managers and supervisors.
- Planning construction projects and preparing construction schedules with deliverables and milestones.
- Tracking project budgets with Construction Management Team to avoid overages to limit budget over runs.
- Tracking project schedules with Site Superintendents to keep construction on track, adjust timelines as required to keep completion dates in line.
- Communicating with Site Superintendents on a regular basis to ensure all critical items (footings, exterior envelope, etc.) are completed up to standards.
- Collaborating with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Obtaining permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Working with the Construction Management Team to determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Working with the Construction Management Team to plan construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Evaluating progress and prepare detailed reports.
- Possess a strong understanding of unit costs and be able to closely monitor and compare the daily progress on site to the estimated project costs.
- Co-ordinating, managing and communicating with all subcontractors and effectively dealing with problems such as delivery, labor, schedule, and payment disputes.
- Ensuring all related parties adhere to Quality Control Program.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Ensuring safe practices are used by all employees and Trades on sites.
- Creating and implementing quality control schedules to assist in day-to-day monitoring of site activities.
- Reviewing and understanding trade contract and scopes of work.
- Reviewing and approving invoices to ensure work is complete to contracted values.
- Reviewing extras from trades, negotiate prices as required.
- Visiting each site on a weekly basis and for issues and to support Site Staff through issues.
- Other duties as assigned by the SVP of Construction.
- The ability to read, interpret, analyze, and forecast a project’s cost reports and determine the status of the job in terms of schedule and budgeting.
- The ability to read, understand and review construction drawings, shop Drawings, change notices and site Instructions.
- The ability to co-ordinate, manage, and communicate with all subcontractors and effectively deal with such problems as delivery, labor, schedule, and payment disputes.
- PMP Certification/ Microsoft Project Certification or similar certification will be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Construction Project Management role.
- An understanding of multi-family construction industry.
- Competent with Microsoft Project.
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suites.
- Competent with Bluebeam Software.
- Competency with drafting software is an asset.
- A strong understanding of multi-family wood frame construction
- Broad knowledge of the Alberta Building Code.
- Ability to understand drawings which include structural, mechanical, and electrical drawings.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles.
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards.
- Understanding of the Prompt Payment and Construction Lien Act.
- Project management skills such as time management, project budgeting, resource management and project scheduling.
- Proficient conflict resolution and customer service skills.
- Ability to negotiate with clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to adjust communication style to various personality types.
- Ability to work in a team or independently.
- Ability to consistently meet changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve through issues.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong ability to develop interpersonal relationships with internal staff and external trades/suppliers.
Our client offers the following:
- Lots of growth opportunity and great culture.
- Competitive wages
- 3 weeks vacation + week between Christmas and New Years off
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...