MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking a dynamic Senior Contract Administrator for our client, an innovative architectural firm in Edmonton, AB. Renowned for their sustainable and visually appealing designs, our client collaborates with diverse sectors, including commercial, multi-family residential, institutional, and mixed-use projects. With a commitment to excellence and a focus on enhancing productivity and well-being, our client delivers exceptional designs that elevate the overall quality of life.
In this role, you will independently manage contract administration tasks, serving as the architect's representative for both office and field activities. This includes leading meetings, conducting field reviews, addressing contractor inquiries, overseeing submittal reviews, managing change documentation, facilitating team communication, and interpreting construction contracts.
- Conduct site reviews for compliance with construction contracts and building codes.
- Generate detailed field reports, adhering to standards, and document progress and deviations.
- Facilitate timely resolution of issues between owners and contractors.
- Coordinate, review, and confirm accuracy of project documentation.
- Manage payment certifications and project completion assessments.
- Collaborate with contractors, sub-consultants, and authorities on project-related issues.
- Proficient in Design Build, Construction Management, and Design Bid Build contract environments.
- In-depth understanding of construction and consulting contracts, including CCDC-2, CCDC-5, and RAIC Document Six.
- Advanced expertise in administering construction projects under contract.
- Thorough knowledge of the design and construction processes.
- Strong grasp of project design, creative detailing, specifications, and building systems.
- Profound understanding of the roles and relationships among construction and consulting teams.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in an architectural contract administration role and/or a minimum of 15 years of progressive experience within an architectural office setting.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com