MatchBox Consulting is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer for one of our unique, AI forward clients who ship their one-of-a-kind products worldwide, pushing the boundaries of automation and revolutionizing the manufacturing industry.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will get the opportunity to join a friendly and collaborative team of innovative and intelligent professionals, while working on designing a cobot from scratch, starting with conception and simulation and ending at fabrication, assembly, testing, and final integration.
- Design and develop electrical systems involving three-phase power, transformers, PLCs, servo motors, cameras and lasers
- Prepare electrical schematics, manufacturing drawings and assembly instructions for electrical sub-assemblies and wiring harnesses
- Select/validate electrical components and work with vendors to reduce cost and lead time
- Support production during final assembly and testing of the SWR where necessary
- Perform basic wiring/assembly for electrical prototypes and R&D projects where necessary
- Troubleshoot mechanical or electrical system issues during integration testing of the SWR
- Provide accurate documentation including bills of materials, engineering change orders, test validation reports, root cause analysis, FMEA, and production checklists
- Ensure the product conforms to applicable CEC/CSA, UL and EU standards
- Travel as required to customer and supplier sites to perform installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and training duties
- Work with customers, project managers, designers, toolmakers and electricians to solve problems in order to provide the customer with a complete, functional automation system
- Advise customer on solving technical problems
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent), and registered as PEng.
- Electrical Engineering: 10 years minimum (Required)
- Experience in power distribution circuits (low voltage), cable and fuse selection, etc
- Experience in hands-on wiring of electrical panels
- Experience in drafting electrical CAD drawings using Solidworks-Electrical or equivalent
- Experience in troubleshooting
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Finite Element software (SAP2000, R-FEM, ETABS), and significant experience with Excel (performing calculations). Experience working with 3D modelling software such as Rhino /Grasshopper /AutoCAD is an asset.
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals
- Experience with Systems Engineering and/or Project Management
- Experience with PLC programming, motion control, and robotics applications
- Experience with welding systems
- Experience with mechanical drawings, SolidWorks or equivalent
- Understanding of manufacturing process and experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience working with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software platforms
- Strong understanding of grounding, shielding, motor control, and data signaling principles
- Experience in commissioning and installation
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com