On behalf of our client, Matchbox Consulting Group is seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Mechanical Designer to join their dynamic team in Calgary. In this role, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including drafting and design, collaborating with others, teaching, and checking work, and contributing to the growth of the firm. This position may involve aspects of middle management, with opportunities to lead a team of drafters and oversee projects. The ideal candidate will possess a strong mechanical knowledge and a passion for delivering high-quality designs.
- Design and analyze timber, concrete, and steel bridges, specializing in pedestrian structures.
- Lead bridge designs from concept to tender, including 3D detailing and quality control.
- Interface with various engineering disciplines and professionals for comprehensive project planning.
- Develop construction cost estimates and manage projects to ensure quality and budget adherence.
- Conduct condition inspections and provide guidance to junior and intermediate engineers.
- Engage with clients on project levels and contribute to business development efforts.
- Degree/diploma in mechanical engineering, design, drafting, or related field.
- 8+ years in designing commercial HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems.
- Able to represent mechanical discipline in design meetings.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and REVIT drafting software.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com