On behalf of our clients, Matchbox Consulting is Seeking a Senior Project Manager for a major local general contractor. The Senior Project Manager plays an integral role in leading, organizing, and managing all project construction teams and achieving client satisfaction, project financial targets, and project schedules. This role reports directly to the Director of Construction and is in frequent communication with key stakeholders such as the subcontractors.
- Manage Financial Performance (Cashflow, Profit)
- Monitor and control project costs and budgets throughout the project life
- Develop and update Risk Plan Matrix with Senior PM or Director, and manage throughout the project
- Evaluate potential project execution strategies to ensure implementation of the best sequence utilization of materials, equipment, labour and subcontractors for successful outcomes
- Develop a project execution plan in collaboration with the Superintendent, General Superintendent and Director
- Initiate, organize, and direct the Project Team to ensure project budget, scope, and schedules are attainable
- Lead the project team on construction methodology, procedures, and practices on an ongoing basis, in coordination with the Superintendent and General Superintendent
- Proactively manage project activities to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Resolve disputes in a timely manner using conflict resolution strategies
- Develop, mentor, and coach Project Managers and Project Coordinators
- Negotiate subtrade contracts with the Director of Construction as required
- Initiative Client, Consultant, and Subtrade Relationships
- Build a successful project team and manage team cohesiveness
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 10 years of experience Construction Project Management
- Advanced leadership for commercial and industrial GC projects
- Advanced Leadership, Conflict Resolution, Mediation, and Problem-Solving Skills
- Exceptional Communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to use strategic thinking and lead problem-solving
- Successful in Team Management and Training
- Effective Planning and Execution Management
- Extensive knowledge of Contract Law, Lien Regulations, and Insurance & Bonding
- Some exposure or experience of LEED, Passive House, or QA/QC would be of benefit
For more current job opportunities, Follow MatchBox at linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment/
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team's extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com