MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Project Manager for our client, one of Vancouver’s most respected and prolific developers.
We are seeking a Senior Commercial Project Manager with focus on landlord work and tenant improvements. The ideal Project Manager will have a proven track record of managing multiple projects of various sizes and possess strong problem-solving skills along with ability to communicate with diplomacy.
Our client offers a deep pipeline of projects, experienced and active leadership, strong industry-leading compensation, and the opportunity to work on the most iconic projects in Metro Vancouver.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Successfully manage concurrent execution of projects for multiple commercial retail units (CRUs).
- Manage, monitor, and liaise with various project stakeholders including consultants, construction managers/contractors, trade contractors, tenant contractors, tenants, municipal authorities, warranty providers and internal departments (leasing, site operational staff, finance, etc.)
- Complete monthly project budget report and forecasting
- Define project requirements, oversee preparation of scopes of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget (hard and soft costs), work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification
- Engage and manage consultant teams from permit drawings through contract administration phase and project close out
- Participate in RFI and change order process, including change order prevention strategies, change order review, shop drawing review, and facilitating required approvals
- Manage the monthly progress draws and invoice approval process with internal finance department
- Assist in the development of landlord work lease schedules, establishing clarity on any ambiguous terms impacting execution
- Manage municipal process from building permit applications to occupancy/final inspections
- Facilitate the handover of CRUs upon completion of landlord’s work
- Primary point of contact to tenant representative and provide support during the TI build-out and warranty period
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of technology and MS Office tools
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Energetic, confident, results-orientated, and passionate about commercial construction
- Experience and understanding of tenant leases and landlord work schedules
- At least 8 plus years of commercial building experience in Canada, preferably in the Lower Mainland
- Relevant education preferred (i.e. construction management degree, engineering degree, construction diploma, or equivalent
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...