MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking a Senior Software Research Engineer – Database Engines for a permanent role with a client of ours located in Vancouver.
- Work with a small team of highly motivated engineers and researchers.
- Participate the design and implementation of analytical database engines.
- Validate, evaluate and troubleshoot system designs issues.
- Be up-to-date and evaluate relevant research ideas from leading research venues (e.g., VLDB/SIGMOD/CIDR).
- Deliver high-performance and reliable code.
- Hands on experience with query engine internals, transactional storage engines and indexing techniques.
- Domain expert in data warehousing, SQL optimization and parallel/distributed database systems.
- Excellent programming skills in C, C++ or Rust is a must. Familiarity with other languages is an asset.
- Proficient in systems programming, debugging and profiling.
- Hands-on expert on memory-centric computing techniques (e.g., vectorization, query compilation, cache-aware optimizations and in-memory indexes).
- Familiar with modern open data formats for analytics (e.g., Apache Arrow and Parquet).
- Experience with data integration from various sources in data lakes.
- Deep understanding of modern hardware, including multi-socket multi-cores, fast SSDs and low-latency networking technologies.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com #IND3