On behalf of our clients, Matchbox Consulting is seeking a Senior Superintendent. The Client is a premier designer and builder of custom, state-of-the-art commercial and industrial facilities that meet today’s modern business needs. They are an integrated, experienced team of values-driven executives, senior managers, and professionals working together to help businesses build a better tomorrow.
In the past three decades, they’ve worked on more than 600 projects worth $2 billion totaling 20 million square feet. Providing the full spectrum of high-end construction services from conception to ribbon cutting.
WHO YOU ARE
- Leader with strong people skills.
- Enjoy setting and achieving goals despite obstacles in your way.
- Desire a position where you can take full ownership of your work and the site you are put in charge of.
- Honest and ethical, never willing to cut corners.
- Take pride in your job and constantly think of different ways to improve.
- Enjoy working with different personalities and understanding them.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- On-site project management
- Working with schedules and budgets
- Implementation/oversight of safety and health procedures
- Oversight and coordination of sub-trades and staff
- Communication with office staff
- Ordering of building materials
- Other duties as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 10-15 years experience working as a superintendent on commercial and industrial projects. (Tilts, Recreation Centres)
- At least five years experience as a site superintendent on tilt-up concrete projects.
- Experience being in a leadership position.
- Proven experience setting and hitting goals and targets.
- Proven ability to overcome challenges.
- Self-motivated, results driven, and prefer working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Full knowledge of WSBC policies and procedures.
- “Can do” attitude and the willingness to be part of a growing and changing company.
- The following will be considered assets:
- carpenter’s ticket
- Familiarity and experience with cranes and rigging
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com