- Ensure compliance with Occupational Health and Safety legislation, policies and procedures in daily operations;
- Ensure compliance with applicable Environmental laws and regulations, policies and procedures in daily operations;
- Review and monitor Job Safety Analyses (JSA’s) to ensure compliance to the requirements of the process and safety of the work;
- Coordinate with trade contractors for proper sequencing;
- Maintain accurate and concise records of cost codes and be familiar with current and projected costs;
- Verify and audit site costs against budget;
- Manage and foresee potential problems in design/construction;
- Co-ordinate equipment and manpower to achieve schedule requirements;
- Identify potential additional work with Project Manager and track as required;
- Hold regular trade meetings, safety meetings, etc. ensure meeting minutes are recorded, posted and distributed;
- Review weekly quantity reports for labour cost;
- Continual review of the Contract Drawings to identify discrepancies between the various disciplines.
Education and Experience:
- C.Tech., P.Eng., or AScT designation
- Either hold or are eligible for your Gold Seal (GSC) certification
- Ability to read and understand drawings, specifications and trade contractors scope
- High level technical understanding as it related to the construction industry
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook) and knowledge of scheduling software is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with hourly workforce and trades
- Experience in water/wastewater industry
- Highly competent with self-performed formwork and concrete
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team's extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com