On Behalf of our clients, Matchbox Consulting is seeking a Site Superintendent for a well-established commercial construction company for their projects located throughout the Lower Mainland. They specialize in mid-size renovations including financial institutions, health care facilities, heritage restoration and low-rise buildings. Most of their projects range from $1M to $8M and above. They take pride in providing exceptional service and quality work. They are a union company and offer competitive union wages and benefits.
- Maintain a safe and organized construction site
- Manage day to day site activities.
- Manage and schedule sub contractors, suppliers, and vendors
- Manage and schedule Own Forces labor requirements in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Perform onsite material and quantity take off and ordering.
- Site layout
- Coordinate subtrade manpower to suit schedule
- Work closely with Project Manager to maintain schedule and quality
- Comply with and enforce the company safety program
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated experience in commercial and institutional projects.
- Demonstrated Health Care work is essential.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Solid understanding of construction contracts (CCDC) , specifications and drawings
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com