MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Construction Manager for our client.
Our client is a premium developer in Vancouver, with 20+ years of success.
This role is a client-side construction management role. The client hires a general contractor, and the role will work closely with the general contractor, trades, and consultant team, to deliver the project.
You will be an experienced construction manager with 5+ years in the industry. Ideally, you have worked your way up from Project Coordinator to Project Manager and you are interested in moving to the development side of the industry. You will have also had a post-secondary education in engineering, building science, construction management or similar field.
Our client has an extensive $1BN pipeline of multi-family condos and purpose built rental. They offer security, strong compensation, and a downtown office location.
If you’re interested in unique mixed-use projects, a growing team, a good culture, mentorship, concrete high-rise projects, and the feeling that you’re excited to go work every day, apply today.
- Manages the construction schedule and budget for each project;
- Coordinates all administrative aspects of the production department including managing general contracting partner’s workload, plan revisions, occupancy date changes, site changes
- Working with and acts as a liaison between assigned construction sites and various head office departments to ensures all activities meet scheduled deadlines;
- Reviews plan designs and specifications as required;
- Conducts periodic on-site inspections to ensure construction activities are meeting standards and schedule, and provides recommendations for improvements when required;
- Approves and processes all invoices for extras and investigates discrepancies;
- Assists in the preparation and analysis of construction tenders by providing feedback on performance
- Attends head office and on-site meetings as required and keeps staff informed of changes;
- Post Secondary Education either University Degree (i.e. Engineering degree) or College Diploma (Construction Management Program)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in the construction industry. Experience in high-rise residential is preferred.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint, Outlook & Project)
- Communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Adaptability & flexibility and superb problem solving skills
- Work well under stress
- Time management
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...