MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Software Developer to work on a 1 year contract, with a high potential of renewal, with one of BC’s most sought-after employers dedicated to workplace safety. They will be responsible for developing one or more parts of application systems (systems of engagement and/or systems of record) and integration with other systems, including designing it to fit into the architecture, prototyping the user interface, implementing, unit-testing, and integrating the components that are part of the solution.
Candidates located in the Lower Mainland will be required to attend the office once a month at minimum and can work remotely otherwise. Those outside the province must be willing to work PST hours and may be required to come to the office once every quarter to meet with the team at their own expense.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) and 6-9 years of equivalent work experience in IT.
• Of the 6-9 years, a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience with agile methodologies and cloud, a DevOps environment, IT involving continuous process improvement, IT development, unit testing, production support and problem resolution, analysis, and/or technical proficiency.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Significant experience in leading the development cycle (design, develop, integrate, test, prototype)
• Significant experience participating in all activities that support team delivery
• Ability to work with highly complex and integrated environments
• Extensive experience using agile and devops tools, techniques and processes
• Experience with mobile application development experience as well as Flutter and Power Apps is a strong asset
• Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) training and certification like SAFe Practitioner, or willingness to take the course and obtain certification within 2 months from commencement of work
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...